The history of the Foletto pharmaceutical laboratory begins in 1850 in a small valley in Trentino above Lake Garda. The Valle di Ledro is also known for the discovery of about 10,000 Bronze Age pile dwellings on the shore of the lake.
Giovanni Foletto, a pharmacist, moved to Valle di Ledro from Venice in 1855 to work for the Cassoni family, which owned a pharmacy and a laboratory for the production of mineral water. Giovanni first became head of the laboratory, then owner of the pharmacy from 1856 onward.
Like his father GIOVANNI, born in 1872, he was a pharmacist and had a passionate, educated mind, both for flora (we have more than 2500 plant finds by him from 1890-1895) and the history of the valley itself (he wrote a very detailed book about the Ledro Valley around 1900). His passion for botany led him to patent and market medicines and to build up a real pharmaceutical workshop alongside his pharmacy. Angelo and his whole family were deported to Katzenau (Austria) during the First World War, but after returning home they decided to rebuild the facility and continue their activities.